What happens when you go beyond the physical practice of Yoga and open up to different practices? Alex doesn’t believe any one discipline has advantages over any other but that there
effectively and efficiently. From this open-minded starting point Alex is constantly learning himself in order to be able to offer the very best to his own practice and that of his students.Through his own personal fitness and wellness journey, Alex Nino has studied and been guided by many exceptional practitioners from a wide range of disciplines including Ido Portal, Coach Sommer and Miguel Santana.
From experienced yogis to complete beginners this workshop will empower attendees to see the world upside down whilst
– the basics of a straight handstand
– understanding the elements of a handstand and how to prepare
– capacity and balance
– entries to a handstand and working with shapes
– tools for handstand press
– curating a longterm learning process – a solid handstand takes time and regular practice
– ideas for maintenance of healthy shoulders, hips and spine.
This practical and informative workshop will focus on the different planes of spinal movement: sagittal, frontal and
transverse. There will also be in-depth practice of the three types of backbending; traction, contraction and leverage with:
-mobility work for the spine, shoulders and hips (backbends focus)
-anatomic and physiological education about the scapulae and the pelvis to enable more effective pushing and pulling patterns.
– a process to increase physical awareness, and therefore more effective interaction between the nervous and musculoskeletal.
Yoga Flame Lausanne – Boulevard de Grancy 1
Pricing: CHF 50.-
Early Bird: CHF 45.- until the 06.02.2020
10% discount for members